Plastic Makers Take Action
As producers of products that find their way into the marine environment, plastic makers are working with government officials, retailers, anti-litter groups and consumers to devise solutions to prevent marine debris.
Plastic makers are:
- Helping develop new and innovative recycling programs nationwide.
- Promoting industry-wide practices to contain plastic pellets.
- Partnering with governments and conservationists to encourage recycling and discourage litter.
- Working to educate children on the link between litter and marine health.
- Working with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to advance scientific understanding of marine debris.
- Continuing to innovate and develop smaller, lighter packaging.
Taken together, these actions reflect a Reduce-Reuse-Recycle philosophy to managing waste and conserving resources.
The Plastics Division is a founding member of the World Plastics Council (WPC), an organization comprised of executives from leading companies that produce plastic resin. The WPC provides a platform for member companies to efficiently address common issues, and to have a common voice on issues with global reach.
Learn more about Microbeads, What We're Doing, Recycling, Innovative Plastic Packaging, and Get Involved or Learn More.